Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 18: Think Quick! What Would You Take?

There are a number of reasons why you might need to quickly evacuate your home.  You might receive a call from our Community Notification System or you might live in an area that becomes threatened by a wildland fire. 

No matter the reason or cause, if you had to evacuate your home quickly, what would you take with you?

DAY 18 ACTIVITY:  Presuming the people have all safely evacuated your home, tell us today what are the top 3 things that you would take with you out of your home if you had to evacuate quickly.

PROOF: You will earn one point for identifying the 3 things you would take with you upon realizing you need to evacuate quickly. 
  • Leave a comment with your answer in it on this blog post
  • You can put your answer on the CRESA Facebook Fan Page or tag CRESA in a note, if you are recording your activities on your own page.
  • You can post the answers on Twitter (please include @CRESA or hashtag #30days30ways in your tweets)
  • If you are uncomfortable sharing this information online, you may email your answer /picture to: cheryl.bledsoe@clark.wa.gov
For the #30Days30Ways rules, check out the starting post: http://cresa911.blogspot.com/2010/08/30-days-30-ways-preparedness-challenge.html

Answers may be submitted on all tasks anytime between now and midnight on 9/30/10.

4 comments:

Robin said...

i would take all my pets. i would take my fireproof safe with all the goodies and i would electronics, i.e laptop, cellphone and cellphone charger.

Unknown said...

The first thing we would take would be our animals. We have crates and leashes in a ready location. The second thing we would take would be our "go pack" which contains copies of important papers, first aid, water, food, extra set of clothing, solar blankets, etc. The third thing we would take is our appointment book.

Dale Chumbley said...

In a quick evacuation I'd grab the two cats, laptop and external backup drive.

:p said...

I would take my two go kits. One is my work backpack and the second is my personal backpack. I get home and put all things like my wallet, ID and keys in the work one. I get called out often so it's part of my routine. The third thing I would take would have to be.... my mac.