Thursday, May 30, 2013

I-5 Closure at Salmon Creek Slated for June 7-10th


Taking a drive north toward Salmon Creek, the ongoing work on I-5 for the new interchange is coming along.  With that ongoing work, it now has been confirmed that there will be a COMPLETE closure of I-5 from Friday June 7th at 11 pm till 5 am Monday June 10th in this area.

So what will be closed?  

  • Southbound I-5: Closed between I-205 and NE 134th Street
  • Northbound I-5:  Closed between SR 500 and I-205.  Northbound I-5 on and off ramps will be closed at the following interchanges:
    • NE 39th Street
    • NE Hwy99/Main Street
    • NE 78th Street
    • NE 99th Street






WSDOT has a variety of resources to help drivers plan ahead and stay informed during the closure, including detour mapsemail updates, a live project camera and Vancouver-based Twitter account.

Closing  I-5 will have a ripple effect on traffic conditions in the area.  Know before you go, plan ahead and expect delays.  For more information regarding this closure please check out the Salmon Creek Interchange Fact Sheet and the Washington State DOT Project Webpage.



No comments: