Unless you're in the emergency services world, you likely don't use the acronym EMS regularly. But you likely know or refer to them as "paramedics" and see ambulances drive through our jurisdiction.
These men and women are trained to respond to situations that require an advanced level of healthcare in emergency and trauma situations. They are trained to provide Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS).
The agencies here that provide paramedic response to the citizens of Clark County include the following groups:
- Vancouver Fire Department
- Camas Fire Department
- Washougal Fire Department
- East County Fire & Rescue near Camas
- Clark County Fire District 3 in Hockinson
- Clark County Fire District 6 in Hazel Dell
- Clark County Fire District 10 in Amboy
- Clark Fire & Rescue in Battle Ground & Ridgefield
- Cowlitz 2 which serves an area in the northern part of Clark County
- LifeFlight which provides air support into our area
- Clark Fire District 5 which provides training to EMS personnel
The American Heart Association released the following short video which was shot by Setla Film Productions. This helps us say our simple "thanks" to the many men & women who serve to keep our communities safe.