Tuesday, November 22, 2011

During Storms: Who Can We Call?

Today, we've seen some pretty significant rain and wind here in Southwest Washington.  Weather like this always presents some questions about who to call during potentially dangerous situations that may not quite rise to the ranks of being life-threatening. 

For Power Outages:
To Report a Gas Odor:
  • Contact Northwest Natural Gas at 1-800-882-3377
To Report High Water Situations:
  • Call 360-696-8177 inside the City of Vancouver, from 7:30a-4:30p.  After Hours, call 360-693-9302. 
  • Call 360-397-2446 if you are in the unincorporated areas of Clark County.
  • If you live inside other city limits, contact the public works department of your city.
Hopefully, these numbers can be of assistance during this and other storms that we experience within the next few months.  Also, to stay on top of the weather, we always recommend checking www.weather.gov/portland to see the latest updates.  
For life-safety concerns, always call 9-1-1.

No comments: