Thursday, August 27, 2009

Portland Interstate 405 Traffic Advisory


I 405 Preservation Project Continues....

LOCATION AND OVERVIEW
Clark County residents traveling to US26 or downtown Portland may be affected. This project will pave Interstate 405 from the Marquam Bridge, mile post 0.38, to the Fremont Bridge, mile post 2.59 (the bridges themselves are not part of this paving project). Pavement grinding will occur under four over-crossings of the freeway to maintain federal clearance requirements. New lighting and signs along the I-405 corridor also will be installed as part of this project.

This weekend, I-405 southbound from the Fremont bridge to the Marquam bridge will be closed 10pm Friday August 28th to Monday August 31st at 5am. From 10 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 28, to 5 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 31, all southbound lanes on Interstate 405 will be closed between the Fremont and Marquam bridges. All ramps connecting to southbound I-405 also will be closed during these work hours. During this weekend's closure, the contractor will focus on relighting I-405, striping and sign work. Lanes and ramps on northbound I-405 will remain open during the southbound closure. The Marquam and Fremont bridges will remain open during this work. The Fremont Bridge to U.S. 30/Yeon Ave. connection will remain open during this work. This weekend's closure is the third of four closures planned.

Scheduled Weekend Closures (weather dependent)
Full directional closures (either I-405 NORTH or I-405 SOUTH) will begin at 10 p.m. on the Friday prior to the weekends listed below and end by 5 a.m. on the Monday immediately following the weekend. When one direction of I-405 is closed, the other direction will remain open. Here is the tentative schedule for the I-405 closures, subject to change:

August 15-16
All I-405 SOUTH lanes and ramps closed
August 22-23
All I-405 NORTH lanes and ramps closed
August 29-30
All I-405 SOUTH lanes and ramps closed
September 12-13
All I-405 NORTH lanes and ramps closed

DETOURS DURING I-405 NORTH/SOUTH CLOSURES
During the I-405 north or south weekend closures indicated in the chart above, motorists should use I-5 as the primary detour route. So, for example, when I-405 north is closed on the two weekends listed above, motorists can travel on I-5 north to their destination. During the weekends of the full directional closures, there will always be one direction of I-405 open and both directions of I-5 open for travel.

Detour Maps
Click on the following for detailed detour maps for travel during the weekend or tunnel closures.
* Detour map for the I-405 northbound closure
* Detour map for the I-405 northbound ramp closures
* Detour map for the I-405 southbound closure
* Detour map for the I-405 southbound ramp closures
* Detour map for the I-405 tunnel closures

I-405 Paving Project Timelapse Video

ODOT Video

One night's worth of paving work on the Interstate 405 paving project in downtown Portland, Oregon compressed into 5 minutes of video. (No sound)

I-405 Timelapse (wmv 45MB)
I-405 Timelapse (YouTube)

If you don't have access to YouTube, download the wmv file to your desktop and use a media player such as Windows Media Player to view it. It may take a few minutes to download depending on your internet connection speed.

No comments: